"Absence makes the heart grow fonder," so the saying goes. ❣️
I wonder if that's really the case, though? Has my absence (since late May) moved anyone's heart that much? Or is it nothing but a fever dream that exists in the realm of Wishful Thinking? Hmmmm... π€
"So forgettable, in every way..." π΅
This radio silence has a reason. I've been occupied with many things and nothing altogether —which is both a bizarre and a good thing, once I stop and think about it. Also, the idiom "feeling under the weather" didn't come out of the blue, right? Despite the bright, blinding scenery outdoors, the temperature in my area feels oddly cold, chilling to the bones. ☀️π₯Ά
My mood is either high or low from day to day. And that sense of daze or dread rotates like the wheel of fortune. The inevitable result, albeit not entirely unexpected, is fluctuating health, both physically and psychologically. It's affecting my consciousness, clarity of mind, and creative output. π΅π¬
Ooookay, that's a rather elaborate way of saying, "I've been having yet another case of writer's block," eh? Hahaha. Well, that's not wrong. Guilty of all charges! But as far as excuses go, that really IS the situation. There's no method in the madness. Writing is art, and my art is wrying somehow. That's all to it. ππ€·π»♂️
Anyways, I saw Spider-Man: Brand New Day yesterday, the day it premiered in my country. Worry not! As always, this won't be a review of that movie! π·
Still, I'm inclined to agree that the positive hype is real. Even though I enjoyed each title in Tom Holland's previous trilogy, this might be the first time his Peter Parker feels VERY, alarmingly relatable to me. It's as if it speaks to me on a personal level (actually hitting close to home?), not unlike the inner struggle that Lewis Pullman's Bob underwent in Thunderbolts* last year. What struggle is that? I don't want to spoil the movie, so the only way to find out the answer is to see it in person. Hahaha. π
All in all, Brand New Day centers on family and friendship. Funnily enough, I just realized this morning why Marvel Studios and SONY probably chose the final week of July, and specifically these dates, to release this feature film. After all, today, July 30, is none other than the United Nations' designated Friendship Day. Yeah, that's not confirmed or anything. Even so, such a fitting timing, as friendship is most definitely one of the strong themes running through the characters in Brand New Day. π€ππ»
![]() |
| (Source: SkipToMyLou) |
So, that's why I'm here.
To celebrate the people I'm fortunate enough to call or consider a friend, whether close or casual, near or far, of the present or the past. ✨π
Even if they are no longer with us (may your souls rest in peace), are no longer in touch (for whatever reason, for months or years), or are currently laser-focused on their day-to-day stories, everyone is unique and special, and I think of them often. Regardless of whether they even (ever) see me the same way, I can say for sure I remember and treasure each and every bond we have built or had made. Because in many ways, I am who I am today because of them, too. πππ»
Thank you from my deepest heart, my friends,
wherever, whenever you are...
Happy International Friendship Day! ππ€

No comments:
Post a Comment